Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ostrich Syndrome

August 2008
Can I just bury my head? I am getting these forward emails from my friends about how they became a couple with their man. Am I the ONLY single woman I know? Oh my word ... am I?
I sent a message back to STOP sending me the emails. I don't want to hear about their happiness. The response back? "Oh Darling Nikki, have fun with it". So after thinking about it I was like ... I'm game.
This is my email Darling Nikki style:
1. What are your first names? Darling Nikki & Mr Perfect
2. How long have you been together? a lifetime
3. How long did you know each other before you started dating? We meet on the 1st and were dating on the 2nd and married on the 3rd
4. Who asked who out? he did
5. How old are each of you/were you?I was 30, he was 27
6. What are your astrological signs? Pisces and whatever sign matches Pisces the best
7. How tall are each of you? I am 5'0 he is 5'9
8. Who's mother do you see the most? Mine
9. Who’s siblings do you see the most? his
10. Do you have any children together? We have 2, the most beautiful precious children ever. I do also have my daughter, her father died in a freak accident and Mr Perfect adopted her .. so really I have 3 of the most beautiful precious children ever.
11. What about pets? yes
12. If so, what kind? a cat, a dog, horses, ponies, birdies, a peacock, some mice named Jack & Gus Gus, deer ... wow, the list can go on and on
13. Which bill is the hardest on you as a couple? none, he makes a ton of money
14. How do each of you work? I am a stay at home mom and he does his Mr Perfect business
15. Is that what you went to school for? no
16. Did you go to the same school? no
17. Are you from the same hometown? no
18. Are you from the same hometown now? what kind of question is this? Mr Perfect & I live in a cottage in Hawaii. We also have a home in Italy shaped like a boot, a house in the mountains in Colorado, a log cabin in Maine, a mansion in Switzerland, a castle in Ireland ... really I think we need to downsize.
9. Who is the smartest? depends on the topic
20. Who is the most sensitive? me
17. What is your type of date restaurant??? any 4 star or the place around the corner that looks scary from the outside but has THE BEST food ever.
18. Where could be a place you could drag him to to shop with you? We have personal shoppers.
19. Where is the furthest you have traveled as a couple? Well we ARE going to the Moon next month.
21. Who is the most sexual? Tie. We have sex all the time.
22. Who has the best group of friends? All of our friends are wonderful. That includes you too!
23. Who has the craziest exes? Well since my daughter's father died in a freak accident we do not have any crazy Exs.
24. Who has the worst temper? Neither, we are Mr and Mrs Perfect


Did ya like that?? I was pretty proud of myself.
EHarmony is going OK. I have made it to open communication several times and then to phone calls a few. There is nothing to "write home about" so far. Where is my Mr Perfect for now?
Still no sex drive. However I am happy. I am really happy and I'm having a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nikki,

    Thanks for adding my blog, had a look at your diary - very funny. Especially liked the Mr Perfect questionnaire. Can I have a Mr Perfect too? I'm sure my husband wouldn't notice the addition. :)

    Looking forward to reading more,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

We need to chat. You start.