Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Yeah, sure."

April 27th, 2009
We are on the phone.
"Are you excited to see me Thursday?" I ask this while holding my breath.
"Yeah, sure." Not a lot of emotion there from Mr Big Man.
"Yeah, sure." I repeat. I say this with uncertainty. Yeah SURE he is excited to see me? That does not sound like excitement. It sounds like Yeah SURE I gotta mow the lawn again. Yeah SURE I gotta get a PAP smear. Yeah SURE I gotta get up for work. Yeah sure.
I repeat it again.
He wanted to know why I asked. I said many reasons. He talked about how there was a lot of meaning behind that question. It was a good question. He needed to gather his thoughts. He needed to figure out WHAT was going on. He was not sure of anything right now.
WHAT???!!! He got all of that by me asking if he is excited to see me??
I asked him to tell me what he was talking about. Explain please. Right when he began to talk his cell phone rings. He tells me to hold while he answers.
When he gets back on the phone with me he said there is something wrong with the next door neighbor kid and he needed to help him. He would talk to me later.
I appreciate and really like the fact he is helping his neighbor but what about us? I feel we are broken. We need help too.

1 comment:

We need to chat. You start.