Thursday, April 2, 2009

coffee with cream please

March 6th, 2009
Every morning after a sleep over he gets out of bed first. I get to snuggle into the covers where it is warm and cat nap.
I hear him turn the shower on. The tap, tap of the razor hitting the sink tells me he is shaving. I hear him get in the shower. I imagine the water flowing from the shower head and hitting his body. I love the sound of the water hitting the floor in big splashes.
The shower turns off. The towel comes off the shower door. Time for me to get up.
I walk into the bathroom. Usually he is hanging out in the closet picking out his clothes so he does not see the HUGE bed hair I have. I try to tap it down a bit so it is not so poofy. I weigh myself. The morning weight in is the most accurate one of the day, I believe this will all my heart! He walks out of the closet to greet me. Sometimes I let him read the numbers ... sometimes I don't. I make some mention of the moon effecting the scale weights.
He leaves to let the dogs out.
I brush my teeth, take my shower, do my hair and make up and get dressed. I make his bed.
When I walk into the kitchen I find him eating breakfast and he has a hot cup of coffee with creamer all ready for me.
He offers me breakfast, I turn it down and take the coffee. Give him a kiss and he walks me to my car.
I get another kiss and off I go driving during the sunrise to work.
I love that from day 1 he has made me coffee. Just for me. Not him, just for me.

1 comment:

We need to chat. You start.