Thursday, April 9, 2009

yes, I am growing

March 13th, 2009
My arm is bruised. Dark yellow and purple. Starts on the top of my hand where the IV was and twists down my inner arm until it reaches my elbow. It is also swollen. It still hurts.
I call the Doctor to see if this is normal. Yes the Nurse says.
"Oh, by the way, you are on my list to call. The MRI came in and there is no tumor. The Doctor is stumped. You should have one with all the symptoms you had. We have to send you to an Endocrinologist. Also all the blood work came back OK except the growth hormone was elevated."
Well at least I was not crazy when I said I grew!
I call Mr Big Man at work again. HOT DAMN. I like that voice mail. I mean seriously. He needs to talk to me like that all the time. The panties would drop! Anyways, I leave a message.
He calls me back. He starts talking about the hormone, gave it a name and what it could mean. I asked how did he know all this stuff?
"If there is something that effects someone I care about I will research it until I know everything. I can be obsessive on it. This was one outcome. I will have to look more into it to see what the next step is."
Mr Big Man googles everything! I tell him not to be Doogie Howser MD and let the Doctors freak me out, not him.
He agrees not to freak me out but he is still going to read up on it.

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from SITS.

    We are going through a medical mystery with my mom right now. It is hard to be sick and not have any answers. I try to be her Doogie Howser. Haha!

    Hopefully they will figure out exactly what is wrong and have you back to normal in no time.

    ReplyDelete

We need to chat. You start.